Broadway Place Emergency Shelter
Smithers Community Services Association has been working to end homelessness in Smithers since 2003. SCSA created Broadway Place in September 2007, with the help and support of BC Housing, the Town of Smithers and gaining acceptance and support from our community members and businesses.
Broadway Place is a nine bed low-barrier emergency shelter that serves men, women and families who find themselves in crisis and in need of short-term shelter services. Broadway Place has caring staff and an Outreach Worker that offer support, encouragement and assist all clients through our gateway and essential services; our program also provides a drop-in program that is completely sponsored and supported by community donations.
Broadway Place is client focused, respecting diversity of race, culture, religion and sexuality. We offer a supportive environment where clients are encouraged to follow rules and regulations, to address basic needs, develop independent living skills and reconnect to community resources.
Our Services at a glance:
- Broadway Place is a minimal barrier shelter, sometimes referred to as a ‘damp shelter’ – however, the consumption of alcohol or drugs on the property or in the shelter is not allowed
- Staffed 24/7
- Rules and regulations are provided to clients upon arrival
- Safe and clean environment
- Drop In and window service available daily
- Shower and laundry facilities
- Support service and referrals to other agencies available
- Clients receive assistance with personal goals for housing, employment, health and well-being.
- 9 shelter beds available per night
Broadway Place Emergency Shelter would welcome the following items:
Fitted sheets, Twin Size
Large plastic storage containers
Puzzles and Games
Wall Unit Storage Cabinets
Cereal & Coffee
Toothpaste & Tooth Brushes
Canned Vegetables & Soup
“Note: Please contact the Program Manager at the Shelter before bringing items. Phone 847-4660
Program Contact Information
Shelter Manager- Candis Crump