Are you a dynamic leader who thrives in a multifaceted role? Are you interested in an exciting opportunity with a well-established, award-winning organization? Are you passionate about contributing to the wellbeing of people and communities?
Smithers Community Services Association (SCSA) is seeking an experienced individual to provide leadership, strategic vision, and accountability in the role of Executive Director.
• SCSA is a non-profit organization with 50 years experience developing and delivering programs and services, and cultivating partnerships that contribute to enhancing the quality of life for people in Smithers and the surrounding areas.
• In accordance with SCSA’s mandate to provide affordable rental accommodation; our housing portfolio represents 50% of the operating budget.
• SCSA services offerings include Smithers & District Transit, English Language and Multi-Cultural Services, Seniors and Supported Housing, Family Support, Community Learning, and others; all intended to contribute to the wellbeing of people and communities.
• SCSA has an inclusive, people first approach, recognizing that many folks who use our services may be experiencing poverty, homelessness, isolation, and addiction.
• SCSA employs over 60 people and has an annual operating budget of approximately $3.5 million dollars.
About the Role:
• The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership, management, and operations of the organization in accordance with the strategic direction and policies set by the Board of Directors.
• The Executive Director establishes and maintains an organizational culture that is aligned with SCSA’s Mission, Vision, and values.
• The Executive Director represents the organization in a positive and professional manner, and along with the Board Chair, speaks on behalf of the organization.
• The Executive Director will work approximately 35 hour works per week, with a competitive wage and benefits, commensurate with skills and experience, and established industry norms.
• This job of the Executive Director cannot be done remotely.
• Oversee and direct the day-to-day operations of the organization
• Develop and improve social resources in the community, enhance organizational capacity, fulfil program deliverables, and cultivate community partnerships.
• Collaborate with employees, relevant licensing bodies, and community agencies to accomplish key organizational goals and objectives
• Facilitate open communication and positive working relationships with all employees, board members and stakeholders
• Cultivate cultural awareness, cross-cultural competency, and cultural humility
What you will need:
• A degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the organization’s mission and services
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the social service sector, including experience at a senior management level, with preference for housing management and community social development
• Experience working in a not-for profit organization
• Knowledge of the sector, the community, and the region
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends when necessary
• Strong computer skills
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license
To view full job description please see: SCSA Executive Director Job Description
If this sounds like a position that you would be interested in, please review the full job description and apply at: https://scsa.bamboohr.com/careers/89 by 4:00 pm on December 8, 2022.
We invite interested candidates to have a conversation with us ahead of the deadline if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity. Please call 250-847-9515 x 2002 for more information.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Receptionist - 3 days a week
To view the full job description and to apply for the position please visit: https://scsa.bamboohr.com/careers/90
Goodacre Place Supportive Housing:
Support Worker - Casual on call
To view the full job description and to apply for the position please visit: https://scsa.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=74
Cook - 2 days a week
To view the full job description and to apply for the position please visit: https://scsa.bamboohr.com/careers/72
Smithers and District Transit:
Casual Bus Driver
To view the full job description and to apply for the position please visit: https://scsa.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=85