Announcement: COVID-19 response
March 13, 2020
Effective immediately, Smithers Community Services Association is enacting the following measures in an effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and to prioritize the health of our clients, our staff, and our community.
• Programs will cease all group and one-on-one activities until further notice.
• Staff may continue to help clients over the telephone.
• In the event a client has an urgent need that requires in-person assistance, staff may meet with them in the small conference room in the Old Train Station while maintaining a healthy social distance of 2 meters.
• Guests are not permitted at this time.
• All staff returning from out of country travel will self-isolate for 14 days.
It is important to us at SCSA that we do our part to ensure we are keeping people safe and not contributing to the spread of this virus.
We appreciate your support as we navigate this rapidly evolving situation.