For more than 30 years, Christmas Hampers have brightened the season for residents of Smtihers, Telkwa and Witset. Each year, SCSA Christmas Hampers provides food for a Christmas dinner as well as some canned and fresh foods to about 1000 people. We also give toys and books to all children 16 years of age and younger. Christmas Hampers depends on support from our community to volunteer, sponsor families and donate food, toys and money.
The 2021 Christmas Hamper Season is underway! Applications start on November 15, 2021. Deadline for applications is December 10, 2021
How to apply
PLEASE NOTE: you MUST provide a copy of your ID showing your street address. Applications without ID cannot be accepted.
Smithers and Telkwa residents:
- In person: Mondays 10-12 and Thursdays 2-4pm - SCSA, the Old Train Station, 102-3815 Railway Avenue, Smithers. Masks are mandatory - thank you.
- By email: download and print the application form, email the completed form to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' with a copy of your ID showing street address.
- By phone: call us for more details - 250-847-9515
- at the Witset Band Office.
How to help
Sponsor a family:
You can sponsor a family by providing a hamper yourself: Sponsor Form *
* IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH ANY OF THE FORMS you can put the information requested into the body of an email and send it to email@example.com.
Donate cash, food, or toys:
- cheques made payable to Smithers Community Services Association, note “Christmas Hampers” on the memo line, mailed to SCSA, Box 3759, Smithers, BC V0J 2N0.
- E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the words "Christmas Hampers" in the message. Include your mailing address so that we can send you a tax receipt. Use a simple and obvious password.
Food and toys:
Donations of food and toys are accepted at the Christmas Hampers depot. Location to be determined.